Warehouses of UAB ALG Logistika are located in the logistic complex in Kaunas Free Economic Zone.
Record keeping of operations and goods, storage and putaway tracking, and other procedures are handled through warehouse management systems SAP R3 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0.
ALG Logistika warehouses are located in the logistic complex, which is in an ideal geographical location for the functions of a central or regional warehouse (both for Lithuania and the Baltic States). Warehouses are built in Kaunas Free Economic Zone (3 km to the centre of Kaunas), at the intersection of the strategic highways A1 and A6. Address: Terminalo g. 10, 54469, Biruliškės village, Kaunas district
In order to develop an effectively operated secondary logistic system, it is very important to find a proper location for central or regional warehouse, to ensure seamless and timely delivery of goods to customers, as well as their effective supply to the warehouse.
Main criteria for choosing a warehouse location:
|Grade||A||Storage area, racks||3500|
|Heating||Gas||Storage area, mezzanine||1800|
|Maintained temperature||>10 °C||EP quantity||5700|
|Working height||10,5 m||Number of shelves||2400|
|Warehouse area||5000(+)||Number of gates||8|
- 24/7/365 security
- Fenced-in area
- Illuminated area
- Network of video surveillance cameras
- Burglar alarm connected directly to the police station
- Central gate security post
- Entrance/exit only with permits
- Secure parking
- Fire alarm system connected to the fire station.
Warehouse management schemes
In modern logistics, efficient management of stock, movement control operations cannot function without warehouse management software and processes-tailored functionalities.
UAB ALG Logistika employs several warehouse management systems which help to ensure efficient processes and proper stock records: SAP R3 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0
The warehouse management program is integrated with the vehicle fleet management partner programs and enables fast and precise data transmission.
Warehouse management systems can be integrated with the customer’s business management programs at various levels. This helps to improve communication to avoid unnecessary communication channels and ensures the correct data exchange.
Services and procedures
- Verification of the compliance of quality and quantity to standards/orders;
- Verification and registration of additional tracking signs (expiry date, batch number, etc.);
- Addressing of goods*.
- Storage of goods on pallets in racks;
- Storage of goods in mezzanine in small shelves;
- Foodstuff storage;
- Storage of goods in a separately equipped area;
- Each unique stock item has a separate storage address assigned by the storage management system.
- Printing and attachment of stickers;
- Pick up of collections;
- Serial number scan;
- Packing and repacking.
- Selection of goods;
- Shipment documentation;
- Packing and shipment preparation for transportation;
- Data transmission to the transportation company;
- Unloading of goods;
- Quantity and quality verification;
- Return record keeping;
- Return of goods to putaways.